I was asked o update some programs,then restart. Now all I…

Customer Question
I was asked o...

I was asked o update some programs,then restart. Now all I get is a blue screen when I start

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your machine? And how long has the screen been an issue?

Dell Inspiron. No screen issues

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Not to ms software

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No just want to know how I can restart

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
9/10/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10?

Try this to reboot and tell me what the screen looks like or if it allows you to log in.

Unplug the computer from the wall and take out the batter if applicable while the pc is on.

Hold down the power button for a full minute.

Put battery back in if applicable for your model, plug back into wall and restart normally.