Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Technical Support Coach at Liberty Tax Service
93584285

When loging in to skipe I get this Cookies must be allowed

Customer Question

when loging in to skipe I get this Cookies must be allowed
Your browser is currently set to block cookies. Your browser must allow cookies before you can use a Microsoft account.Cookies are small text files stored on your computer that tell Microsoft sites and services when you're signed in. To learn how to allow cookies, see online help in your web browser.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: windows 8 acer
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: well what hapened is I hit sighn out inseded of hiting Quet
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: dont think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What browser are you using? firefox/chrome/safari/internet explorer/edge?

Dark blue e is for edge on the taskbar. Light blue e is internet explorer on 10.

Firefox is a blue globe with an orange fox on it and Chrome is a red/green/yellow/blue circle.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Firefox/crome or both

Try this for firefox:

Click the menu button and choose Preferences. Set Firefox will: to Use custom settings for history. Check mark Accept cookies from sites to enable cookies, and uncheck it to disable them. If you are troubleshooting problems with cookies, make sure Accept third party cookies is also not set to Never.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences

This is for chrome:

Click the icon depicting three horizontal lines in the top-right corner:Click SettingsClick Show advanced settings... at the bottom of the pageIn the section entitled "Privacy" click the button Content settings...

This is for skype cookies as well. Do all three of these things.

The Help menu on the toolbar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable cookies altogether.

To disable Skype browser cookies, open Skype and select Skype > Privacy, and then uncheck the box that says Accept Skype Browser Cookies. Click on Save.

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1390/what-are-skype-cookies

Shut down browser after this and restart your skype to test.

Please let me know if you have issues or rate with 5 stars to end the question as i cannot close out my reports as resolved

until then to send to my employers.

Please rate this solution with the 5 star rating to close out as it is the only way i am listed as successful and credited by the companies ledger

of solutions finished. If you need further assistance, just leave a reply and we will continue as opposed to closing out the question and email

updates between us.

Thank you,

~Franklin