I need a complete protection service for this Dell laptop a…

Customer Question
Hello. I need a...

Hello. I need a complete protection service for this Dell laptop a friend gave me. it runs windows 8 I believe...not comp literate, lol

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Dell? And what operating system are you running?

Inspiron 15(?) 3000 series

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I have no idea

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that I need complete protection w/updates, malware protection, internet protection, etc. Thank you.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
9/10/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

There are tons of these I can get you to review. Did you have a preference, or just want the top

five with instructions for the one you chose?

This really will affect your daily life and experience. You should have options to review what is best for you

unless you already have one in mind i can send you instructions for.

Please advise.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10?

Windows 8...I got from a friend and need protection asap for everything
Thank you. Need internet protection, malware protection and everything I need to be protected. Thank you Isaac. My name is Linda.

Hi, Linda. This didnt go through for the remote you requested. This is absolutely normal so your bank/cc company

knows you requested this for authorization. A quick call to them will clear that up.

I tried to accept your request for a secure remote connection ( screen sharing ) and it said payment failed. This sometimes happens if your bank or credit card company blocks the transaction and a quick call to them will usually lift the block

For further information you can call our customer service department.

1.***-***-****
Or i can send you written directions and five to ten companies with high ratings for review.

Please advise.

Why can't you connect??

1.***-***-****

Your bank/cc company or details need approval. This is common. Customer service can assist with this or a quick

call to your provider you are using for this and they will allow it.

I will wait here for you. I will be in for the next few hours.

I recently got a replacement card and the exp date is hard to read. I put exp of 8/20 and it might be 5/20 so I changed it. Want to try the remote connection again?

Yes, but you need to call customer service. As i said, this is totally normal. Banks/cc companies request you call them as well

to authorize it so they know it is 'you'.

Those quick calls will open this up for us.

customer service department.

1.***-***-****

I cannot contact bank, so I guess send email, but I'm afraid to open email /no protection on laptop at this time. My ASUS (I've had for less than 3 yrs and it won't work anymore) had McAfee and I used IFIXPC. Don't know why payment not working since I had to make deposit to even talk to anyone on same card??
I will be back tomorrow.

Customer service can answer those questions about billing. I cannot see that side of your account. Only an accept or decline.

As for sending written, no problem. You already have antivirus built in on windows 8. Lets insure it is turned on before i send

you the links. It isnt the greatest one as opposed to the paid versions you are asking for. But, i will make sure i dont send

you any 'off site' reviews for these companies.

First:

Step 1
To start, you will have to find the Defender app on your system. To do this, use the key combination of the Windows Key and Q. This combo will launch the search function on your system. Type “defender” into the resulting search bar.

If you are using a tablet, you can find the search menu by swiping in from the right-hand side of the screen.

Step 2
When Windows Defender shows up as a result for your search, tap or click on it to launch the program. If the program isn’t turned on, you will be greeted by a dialogue box telling you so. If the program is turned on, it will open and you will be able to edit the security settings.

Step 3
If Defender is off, go back to the search function from step 1 and type in “action.” Select Action Center from the results. A new menu will open where you can see your security settings, including options for spyware and virus protection. Both will tell you that Defender is turned off, and both will also feature a button that says “Turn on now.” Click one of them to enable Defender.

Recap
Once Defender is enabled, you will be able to open the program, view your security settings, and update the software to make sure the antivirus definitions are up to date!

That seems long, but it is pretty simple. While you are doing that, i am going to get your top five anitviruses for 2017 for windows 8.

Ok, i will send them now for you and you can review them when you are ready after you follow those directions.

Everything will be open tomorrow. After you chose one, let me know if you need help installing and we will connect in remote.

I checked all five tabs here. It takes you directly to the site to ensure which one you decide on has all the features you want.

http://bit.ly/2gV8NBP

Just message me tomorrow when ready and we will continue, or review those and just hit the five stars if you decide you

just want the information.

Until then, have a great day!