Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I set up my new laptop and my password for sign in doesn't

Customer Question

I set up my new laptop and my password ***** sign in doesn't work and they sad sign in with your microsoft pasword. I already change my pasword and stil I can open my new laptop
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: acer Aspire R 14 windows 8.1
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: they be instalet and I restart my computer to get different lenguage and I can find my microsoft pasword
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: only how open screen and reset password
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What email are you using after the @sign?

When you use that email, do you enter it on the microsoft reset password ***** or yahoo?

When you turn on the laptop, on the bottom left, do you see a wifi signal? Does it have an x in it?

Are you on wifi or ethernet?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
reset page I have WiFi signal WiFi

Ok, try and reset your password ***** more time.

Do this with your computer, and when it comes up, make sure wifi is enabled and use the password.

Unplug the computer from the wall and take out the battery if applicable (skip if your model doesnt have a removable battery)

while the pc is on.

Hold down the power button for a full minute.

Put battery back in if applicable for your model, plug back into wall and restart normally.