Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have re -installed Windows 10. I am only able to see part

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I have re -installed Windows 10. I am only able to see part of my local network now. I have shared files network because I have old and Windows 10 computers. Is this why I have issues?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Toshiba portege Windows 10 pro
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Computer crashed about 2 months ago installing Windows 10 creators upgrade. The Toshiba shop managed to save my data. They reinstalled Windows 7 although it should have been 8 pro. I had been using 10. John,(###) ###-####reinstalled pro 10. I have been getting everything working again including network. Network was having same prob under 7. I thought 10 May fix this
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that has covered it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Besides not seeing part of your local network, are you otherwise able to access the internet normally on your windows 10 machine?

Also, it may be best if I connect to your computer form here and work on the issue directly, there would be an extra fee for that. But only if Im successful. Would you like to try that, or just written support?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Written fine
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am able to connect to the internet
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Allright, do you have file and print sharing on for the windows 10 computer?

We need to be certain. Also, what specific other computer or device is it that your windows 10 computer..

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Under private network , turn on file and printer sharing is on
Other computers
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Allright, is the network you are connected to a private network?

And are the other computers also connected to the same network, same homegroup and do they all have file and printer sharing turned on?

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Also, Would you prefer to have me connect to your computer from here and work on the issue personally. There would be a 39$ fee for that if im successful. Otherwise, you would be entitled to a full refund of all fees.

Dustin S

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Hello again, I never heard back from you..

Ir you still need help, reply and we can continue working on this issue. If you no longer need help, still send a reply so that I can send you the refund link.

Thank you,

Dustin S