We got a pop-up message that says we have

Customer Question
We got a pop-up...

We got a pop-up message that says we have RDN/Trojan.worm!55BCC7450054

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

Dell, Windows 10, 62 bit

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, we just need to make sure we don't have a virus, and need to know how to get this virus alert window to close. I ran a McAfee quick scan, and it said nothing was detected.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
9/10/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Dan, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Dan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. This is most likely malware and is being used to scare you into clicking on a link to have it removed. Is there a link or contact information associated with the popup?

they gave a phone number,(###) ###-#### and then wanted my husband to click somethings to download something from them. He hung up, and we cannot get the box to close.

Is this the computer you are chatting with me from?

this is the computer.
Is there anything I can do without remote access?

Yes we can give it a try.

Click on this LINK then click on the green download button. Install this program and let is scan your computer and delete everything it finds.

Let me know how you come out please.

If you found my assistance helpful, please remember to rate my service. Have a nice day!

Dan, Computer Support Specialist