Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I just got a message saying it is from microsoft that a Zeus

Customer Question

I just got a message saying it is from microsoft that a Zeus virus had infected my computer and to call the help line. Is this legit and who should I call if it is true.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Widows7 on an emachine
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I tried to and don't know if I was successful.
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothing I can think of.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

That was a bogus alert/popup shown by a rogue party and is not associated with Microsoft or any other legit service in any way. They try to trick users into installing malware and/or paying for their scam services. So, you may simply close out that popup or restart your browser and it will not show up again. Your system is just safe. Also, to prevent these types of popups from showing up in the future, please install a free adblocker for your browser using the following link:https://adblockplus.org/ If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.And, kindly take a moment to rate my service by clicking on one of the five stars at the top of this page > Submit. Thank you,