I recieved a call that my microsoft? was being stopped. Can…

Customer Question
I recieved a call...

I recieved a call that my microsoft ? was being stopped . Can you tell me what that is about? she gave me an 888 no. but I did not get the rest of it.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?

T is an

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

It is an HP aaand I am with Comcast

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No. I just want to know what MICROSOFT is shutting off.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
9/9/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Microsoft NEVER contacts customers in such a manner. Whoever called you was NOT from Microsoft.

This was a scam attempt to get money from you. If you had called the number the person on the other

end would have attempted to charge you hundreds of dollars for absolutely nothing.

Was anyone allowed to connect remotely to your machine?