Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  IT Manager at Wood Group PSN
94743361

Is m google drive folder on my MacBook Pro and the google

Customer Question

Is m google drive folder on my MacBook Pro and the google cloud drive> I
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook Pro and what operating system are you running?
Customer: 2011 or 12 Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Ill check
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: trying to move google drive folder stuff to another drive to free up my MacBook pro. Wanted to get your advice first to make sure that would be appropriate or not
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kris R replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to help you today. I may have some follow-up questions to help me better understand your question.

Expert:  Kris R replied 1 month ago.

How can I help you?

I can also do a live phone call If you'd like to do that.

Thanks

Kris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
is the google drive folder actually on my MacBook pro hardrive as well as the google cloud drive? If so can I move a bunch of my google drive folder if not all of it to an external drive with no effect to the actual google cloud drive.
Just want to free up that space from my actual computer.
Expert:  Kris R replied 1 month ago.

Yes the drive is on your PC also, so moving it out the folder will remove it from your google drive and the pc.

You can disable the google drive on the pc and use the web version only and this will free up space

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
did you get the last question ?
Expert:  Kris R replied 1 month ago.
the drive is on your PC also, so moving it out the folder will remove it from your google drive and the pc.You can disable the google drive on the pc and use the web version only and this will free up space
Expert:  Kris R replied 1 month ago.

Note: Can you please rate me at the top so I am credited with my time, 5/5 gives me most credit and would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
but the google cloud remains intact correct>
the google cloud loaded from whatever device should remain always the same right?
Expert:  Kris R replied 1 month ago.

Yes just disable it on the PC and then delete the folder. You must disable it first so it does not delete it on the server.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
when you say google drive you mean google folder on the computer.
the google drive (On the actual cloud) should always be there the same unless deleted or moved
Expert:  Kris R replied 1 month ago.

Yes, you must turn the google drive off on the computer then delete the folder on the computer