Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

I wish to purchase the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active G870A

Customer Question

I wish to purchase the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active G870A (Refurbished) at $199.74 advertised by Amazon, but I wish to know if is unlocked and compatible to AT&T.,
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Samsung? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: It is the Samsung S5 Active G870A. I'll have it operated under Tracfone with air time.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I haven't purchase it yet. I want to know if what I am buying is unlocked, as Tracfone was asking.,
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is the phone "Samsung Galaxy S5 Active G870A 16GB AT&T Unlocked GSM 4G LTE Quad-Core Phone w/ 16MP Camera - Camo Green (Certified Refurbished)" at the Amazon website below?

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-Active-Unlocked-Quad-Core/dp/B018TUJB7U/

- If yes, then since the phone is unlocked, it will work with AT&T, and Tracfone and with all other carriers.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

As long as you purchase a phone that has the word Unlocked in the product title, then it will work. The unlocked phone "Samsung Galaxy S5 Active G870A 16GB AT&T Unlocked GSM 4G LTE Quad-Core Phone w/ 16MP Camera - Camo Green (Certified Refurbished)" at the website I've provided above will work with AT&T, and Tracfone and with all other carriers.

Or is it another phone you are looking at?

Do you have any further question? And/or do you need anything else for now?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,