Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

I received a phone call that my Microsoft services have been

Customer Question

I received a phone call that my Microsoft services have been stopped . Is this true or a scam, as they wanted me to pay.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Samsung galexey tab S2 Century Link
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes,
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Someone else has been using my old email address over 700 times, so I played for new protection, and changed my email address and password.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. That was certainly a scam. Microsoft, or any legitimate company would never call you automatically for any tablet / company issue. When you have an issue with your tablet / computer, you would contact a support company yourself first. As long as your tablet / computer is working, then you are fine. Please always ignore any phone call that you do not know or that you are not expecting.

- Do you have any further question? Is there currently any issue with your tablet / computer?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I bought this in May 2017 a nd have never been able to receive my email
What am I paying to talk to you up to this point?
Why are you asking for more money?

What email do you use, such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc.?

Is there any error or message?

Besides the Samsung Galaxy tablet, do you also have a Windows or Mac computer?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I bought this tablet at best buy in Omaha Ne. They have tried to show my email 2 times already and they haven't been successful.

Do you mean Best Buy couldn't fix your email?

Is there any error or message?

Besides the Samsung Galaxy tablet, do you also have a Windows or Mac computer? If yes, what's the make / model of your computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,