I have been getting calls every hour for three days from a…

Customer Question
I have been getting...

I have been getting calls every hour for three days from a number. I have answered and get some voice sounds like a crowded room.I made contact last night but we could not get throu on my computer as they wanted to by telling me it was already paid for. I had told them I was not at home. I am in Mass not Fla where I do suppose I might have signed up to get the service but not to get repeated calls especially since I did ask to stop the service and end calling me. I tried to get the address but got that they are a third party hired as are collection companies. However, they have not fixed their computer to stop the calls.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?

I was working with the cell phone Tracfone, Alcatel. They wanted to enter my laptop to check for virus. After the last time they did this I had to take it to Staples and have all settings reversed to original. I did not want them to scan I believe they could not download their scanner because I am in a public network in a campground. I proved that the connection was not strong enough for a download but they are relentless. The laptop is Toshiba. I am age 70 plus and do not understand the details of the question you are asking beyond that information.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No! I do not install anything.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

My phone is (by definition) on minutes. Last nights conversation used 100 minutes.--proof that I tried to get rid of them with facts. The load would not go beyond 50%.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
9/8/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to help you today. I may have some follow-up questions to help me better understand your question.

Is this on a cellphone or landline?

Thanks

Kris