Do I have to have a Microsoft email address for Skype to…

Customer Question
Do I have to...

Do I have to have a Microsoft email address for Skype to work properly?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?

IPad-IOS

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I had to delete my Hotmail account and use my Gmail account for setting up Skype. Ever since I did that, I don't get any notifications regarding chats or incoming calls

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No that's everything thank you

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
9/8/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Yes, it is recommended. You can add other emails as well once you set it up.

This link will help you create an account and skype if you do not have it already.

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA11098/how-do-i-get-started-with-skype

This will help you add other emails:

To add another email address to your Skype profile:

1. Sign in to your account.

2. Click your profile picture, or select Edit Profile in the Account details section at the bottom of the page.

3. Scroll down to the Contact details section and click Add email address.

4. In the box that appears, type your new email address and click the green Save button at the bottom of the page.

The email address is added to your profile. No one can see your email addresses - they are only visible to you when you sign in to your account.

You can add up to three more email addresses - just follow the steps above.

Due to ongoing changes, unlinking of Skype and Microsoft accounts is currently unavailable.

Please rate this solution with the 5 star rating to close out as it is the only way i am listed as successful and credited by the companies ledger

of solutions finished. If you need further assistance, just leave a reply and we will continue as opposed to closing out the question and email

updates between us.

Thank you,

~Franklin