Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I just sent out an email to someone, but by accident another

Customer Question

Hi, I just sent out an email to someone, but by accident another person was added to that email that shouldn't get ahold of it. How can I unsend it to that person
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: yahoo
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: i'm not sure how recent but I have in the past couple weeks
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just need to get rid of the fact i sent it at all as soon as possible is there any way you can help me plz I'm desperate
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kris R replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to help you today. I may have some follow-up questions to help me better understand your question.

Expert:  Kris R replied 1 month ago.

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
Can you let me know when you're ready to look at this and we will make a start.
Thanks
Kris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I filled out my
card info
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It's imperative I do this asap
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You are going to cancel my device? All I want to do is get rid of the email I sent to the wrong person
Expert:  Kris R replied 1 month ago.

Can you tell me what email provider this person is using?

Thanks

kris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Kris R replied 1 month ago.

Okay unfortunately you cannot recall emails from people outside your "email group"

It can only be done internally, I'm sorry!

Note: Can you please rate me at the top so I am credited with my time, 5/5 gives me most credit and would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Unhelpful and outrageous charges.I would like to be reimbursed for something that took so long to provide me any informarion. Your customer service is outragrous
Expert:  Josh replied 1 month ago.

I apologize for the long wait.

Do you still need help with your issue?

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 month ago.

You can not "unsend" an email

it is like saying can i pull back a letter after the post office picked it up and dropped it in somebody's mail box

you cant get it back

the one possible exception that i know of is if you are on aol and were sending to another aol customer you might be able to recall it if they havent read it yet. but even that i would not bet on still working. and not many people still use aol because it is a crap service in a ton of other ways.