Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I just got a new Magic- and it wasn't working. My son went

Customer Question

I just got a new Magic-Jack and it wasn't working. My son went to the web -site and it worked for a couple of days and now isn't working again. I got my Discover bill in the mail a couple of days ago and was charged $43.12 for something, and then was also charged 37.73 for renewal. I was told that, since I got a new system, I would not be charged for renewal. I am not going to pay $40 some every two weeks for something that will not work. I had the old one for 5 years and it worked fine. In fact I don't even think I needed a new one, until I kept getting a window on my screen telling me that the system would not accept the file So what do I do now?
JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And how long has the screen been an issue?
Customer: My computer is a Gateway, which I purchase in 2011. Last year or so, it was asking me if I wanted to get a free install of windows 10. I did that an have been sorry because it seems like something goes wacky every once in a while. is it because of windows 10? And is this chat gonna cost me another $45?
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: It seems to me there was one a while back. I never know if I should or shouldn't. someone told me to get the updates.
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just , if this is gonna cost me more money again and if you can erase one of those charges on my Discover card. I shouldn't be charged twice for the same thing.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Id like to clarify a few points. Magicjack charges yearly, not bi weekly.

There is one charge, for one year. Now, Our company is not magicjack, we do provide paid support for magicjack, and we do charge. Its either a flat rate one time charge for written support. Or the flat rate fee + an additional fee if you want to speak over the phone or have me connect to your computer and fix the magicjack issue personally.

How do you want to proceed?

Thank you for your reply,
Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Former 31F1P ( Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer)