I can't get into my email account. Someone else helped me…

Customer Question
I can't get into...

I can't get into my email account***@******.***. Someone else helped me set it up.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using for this account?

Yahoo.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I haven't accessed the account in the last 9 months. I'm using a borrowed computer at a friend's house now. I've tried but couldn't answer the security questions.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
9/8/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

What recovery email are you trying to get back for yahoo? Is it tied to att or another isp?

How do you usually access your email? Email client such as windows live, (built in email app

on the computer itself that looks like an envelope) Thunderbird? Using a regular browser such

as Firefox/Internet Explorer/Chrome etc?

Surface. Straight into Yahoo website.

Does it redirect to att when you try to recover your password?

Do you still have another pc or device you used it on before? It may be stored there

if you are using a browser to access it.

I have accessed on the Surface. Am using browser to access.

What browser are you using? Chrome? Firefox? etc?

What browser are you using? firefox/chrome/safari/internet explorer/edge?

Dark blue e is for edge on the taskbar. Light blue e is internet explorer on 10.

Firefox is a blue globe with an orange fox on it and Chrome is a red/green/yellow/blue circle.

What windows version is it? 7/8/10?

Explorer

What windows version is it? 7/8/10?

Explorer is a light blue e. Edge if it is a windows 10 which most think is explorer is not. Its a dark blue e.

Windows RT 8.1

To view passwords saved in Internet Explorer:

Step 1: Launch Internet Explorer browser. Click on the small Gear icon (see the below picture) that appears at the upper-right of the browser window (just below caption buttons) and then click Internet Options to open the same.

Step 2: Here, switch to the Content tab.

Step 3: Under AutoComplete tab, click Settings button to open AutoComplete Settings dialog where you need to click Manage Passwords button to open Credential Manager window.

As an alternative, one can open Credential Manager by typing Credential Manager in the Start screen, changing the search filter to Settings, and then pressing the enter key.

Step 4: Once Credentials Manager is launched, select Web Credentials to view all saved usernames and passwords in Internet Explorer browser. Just click the down-arrow button next to an URL to view the saved username for that URL.

As you can see in the picture, Credential Manager hides the password ***** asterisks. In order to view the password ***** under asterisks, click on the Show button next to the Password, and then type your Windows account password. Click the remove password ***** to remove the selected URL, username, and password.Even though Credential Manager allows you backup saved Windows log-in credentials, it doesn’t offer an option to backup web passwords. We need to use a third-party tool called IE PassView to backup passwords saved in IE.

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-view-backup-passwords-saved-in-internet-explorer/

Try this as it is your best shot for getting into that yahoo account if you did not put in proper back up to recover and/or it is not

tied to an att account or another provider. Please keep in mind when rating, i can only give you the Yahoo recover information

provided, but no one can access that account if you didnt put in the needed information.

Please rate this solution with the 5 star rating to close out as it is the only way i am listed as successful and credited by the companies ledger

of solutions finished. If you need further assistance, just leave a reply and we will continue as opposed to closing out the question and email

updates between us.

Thank you,

~Franklin

That hasn't helped. We can get to Yahoo and we get the message " Looks like we can't recover your account online. Please visit our help site to get back in."
Are you still there?

Then you will not be able to recover the account. If you didnt find that password ***** there when you used it to log into

your yahoo, it cannot be recovered per Yahoo policy. Again, i do not like giving bad news. I can only give you the answers

the techs here are provided with to recover per Yahoo policy.

Your last ditch effort will be if you had an old phone number tied to that account. If it is tied to it, call the old number. See if anyone

picks up. That code it needs for yahoo wont care if its a different owner. It only wants the number. They may be able to give you

the code if you reset it and speak with them. Or if no one owns it yet, then go to walmart or the provider you used with that phone.

Activate a burner phone for just a couple hours, get the code then get a refund on the phone. That is the last trick to get in.

There is no phone tied to the account. It's an old account. I'm afraid that I'll have to give you a bad rating. The original cost was 5$. After I put in my problem it went up. My assumption was that it went up because it was going to be more work for you to fix it. You haven't fixed anything and haven't given me any answers I didn't know. The website said you could.

I cannot refund this for you. I cannot see that part of your account, but you and customer service can see that side.

Sometimes the resolution is that you cannot recover. However, if you are not satisfied, that is quite ok. You can do this

on your side.

Just go here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin