I am unable to open my Norton 360 by double clicking on it.

Customer Question
Hi, I am unable...

Hi, I am unable to open my Norton 360 by double clicking on it.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

Toshiba Desktp. I am also running Windows 10. I have been using Norton products for a number of years and never had any issues.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not really. I'm sure there is a simple fix...

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
9/8/2017
Tech Support Specialist: arsufi2002, Computer Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to Justanswer.

My name is ***** ***** I am sorry to hear that you have this issue. I look forward to assist you today with your question and provide the best solution possible.

Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected.

Did you try restarting the computer?

I have re-started the PC. Also I DO NOT want anyone to be "securely connected to my PC. I would prefer to use the "chat" method of trying to solve this problem. Thanks.

You don't have to accept the remote request.

When you try to open Norton360, are you getting any errors?

NO, NO,NO I have already paid AUD66.00 for an answer - stop trying to sell me more. Either you can or can't solve my problem QUICKLY - if you cant tell me how I can fix this I will ask ebay to cancel my payment to you. If you read my original request I CANT OPEN NORTON, therefore I do not get any error messages.
Is anyone there?
If I don't hear from anybody with a solution to my question within the hour (my time is currently 3:43 pm) I will be contacted PayPal to reverse my payment, and report this as a website no one should visit.

I will opt out from this question so that another expert can help you better

I DO NOT want to be transferred to another Support Specialist and waste another hour of my time. Either you know the answer or don't know the answer - not a difficult request. Please cancel my question and process a REFUND through PayPal AS SOON AS POSSIBLE for the AUD66.00 that was paid. If I don't hear from anyone to confirm that a refund is being processed I will begin proceeding with PayPal to get a refund.
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** i believe i can help you with your norton issue and will stay with you

written if you decide to proceed.

If not, we cannot reverse charges. We only see the tech side of your issue. customer service

can and i can provide you with a link if you would like as well here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

This could be many things that you are facing if you are clicking on the icon and it wont open.

Please do this first for the fastest method:

I would recommend you follow the below given steps and check if it fixes the issue.

I would suggest you to restart the Norton services from the services list, and set the Norton service to automatic.

Follow these steps to run Norton services:

Method 1:

Follow these steps to run Norton services
a. Press Windows key + R
b. In the run windows, type services.msc
c. It will open services windows
d. select norton services from the list of services
e. double click on it
f. At the top of the window, Make sure the service status is started and startup type is automatic.

g.Click apply and OK.

If this does not fix the issue, try uninstalling and reinstalling Norton software and check if it helps.

1. Download the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.

Save the file to the Windows desktop. On some browsers, the file is automatically saved to its default location.

2. To open the Downloads window in your browser, press the Ctrl + J key.

3. Double-click the NRnR icon.

4. Read the license agreement, and click Agree.

5. Click Remove & Reinstall.

You may see the Remove button if your Norton product is from your service provider.

6. Click Continue or Remove.

7. Click Restart Now.

After the computer restarts, follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall Norton.

If that doesnt resolve your issue: You may want to run an antivirus. Yes, i know how this sounds

due to Norton being a paid secure antivirus. But, none or fool proof. Download, install and run the

free version of this on your pc:

https://www.hitmanpro.com/en-us/hmp.aspx

Reboot your pc and then go ahead and try again. Please send me a reply to ensure you got

exactly what you needed. If those dont work, there are other issues at hand. Make sure you windows

defender is turned off and only norton is running.

Please do not rate negatively as i am new to your issue and these are the known fixes for this issue.

Reply with results if necessary and we need to take other measures.

We want you to be able to get what you want and need and be happy with your decision.

Please rate this solution with the 5 star rating to close out as it is the only way i am listed as successful and credited by the companies ledger

of solutions finished. If you need further assistance, just leave a reply and we will continue as opposed to closing out the question and email

updates between us.

Thank you,

~Franklin