Shutdown when watching movie. Apple iPad. No just want to…

Customer Question
Shutdown when watching movie ...

Shutdown when watching movie

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

Apple iPad

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No just want to watch a YouTube video or movie and not shutdown

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
9/8/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Jon, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist

Hi my name is***** me take a look at your original question so I don’t miss any details.

After the ipad shutdown, does it not power back on? Or everytime you try and watch a movie it shutsdown.

Either way you can try the following, starting easy first.

1. Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

Then try a movie again.

If that does not work you will want to back up the ipad in itunes if you have any data you want to save on it within itunes.

Click here for instructions on how to back up. Then once you backup then you can restore the ipad back to factory settings and then once done, you can apple the backup you did. Then try a movie again:

1. Open iTunes on your Mac or PC.
  2. Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to your computer with the cable that came with your device.
  3. If a message asks for your device passcode or to Trust This Computer, follow the onscreen steps.
  4. Select your iPhone, iPad, or iPod when it appears in iTunes.
  5. In the Summary panel, click Restore iPad.
  6. Click Restore again to confirm. Then iTunes erases your device and installs the latest iOS or iPod software.
  7. After your device restores to factory settings, it restarts. Now you can set it up as new and apply your backup and then try to watch a movie

Let me know what happens

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions that I previously posted? Please let me know if I can further assist at your earliest convenience.

Thanks for your time.

Jon
Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist