Having trouble upgrading to yahoo mail 3.1. What do I need…

Customer Question
Having trouble upgrading to...

Having trouble upgrading to yahoo mail 3.1. What do I need to do next. I keep getting error messages that it is unsafe on my desktop computer

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had this issue with your Yahoo account?

Just started. And that I will lose Yahoo mail.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Had my computer cleaned and fixed within the last two weeks

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
9/8/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Robert M., Consultant replied 11 months ago
Robert M., Consultant

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your computer question.

What that sounds like is somebody set your anti virus protection too high. it is giving a warning on any page that is running a script.

you should be able to tell it "no thats fine i want to do it anyway"

If that does not work for you or you feel uncomfortable doing it i am able to remote in and fix it for you. But i suspect that the program i use to remote in will also trigger the same warning. Just about anything new being installed on your computer will.

you might want to ask the person that "cleaned" it what security program he left on the computer and how to lower the "safety" level to an average setting. these things go to the point of "for super protection against being hit by a car we will lock you in a jail cell and you wont ever be hit by a car"

you really want it on "average" to get protection AND still be able to use the computer.

Tech Support Specialist: David L, Systems Engineer replied 11 months ago
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Do you still need assistance?