What kind of computer do you have? this morning i did

Customer Question
Hi, my name is*****...

Hi, my name is*****: What kind of computer do you have?

This morning i did something in gmail and i lost a lot of my messages. I've looked in lots of places but can't find them

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Not sure, wouldn't it ask to download updates

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I really don't want to loose those Emails

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
9/7/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

YOu have very little time to recover these messages. Only a few days if you permanently deleted them.

How we proceed will depend on the questions below.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

How do you usually access your email? Email client such as windows live, (built in email app

on the computer itself that looks like an envelope) Thunderbird? Using a regular browser such

as Firefox/Internet Explorer/Chrome etc?

I was accessing gmail from my apple iPhone6 plus

Can you go to a web browser for me please.

Type in gmail.com and log in. Tell me if it is 'missing' there?

it is missing accessing gmail through firefox
hello

Ok, we need to find all folders and look through them first. I know you said you did, but please recheck in a browser.

Try trash/spam/junk first.

If you cannot find them, you have a bit of time. I would suggest doing this asap though.

Use this guide:

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7015314?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

If you still cant find them, after everything. Use this:

https://support.google.com/mail/contact/missingemails?rd%3D1

It will recover emails from the date you requested them missing.

I am still here, just needed to type all that out.

Please rate this solution with the 5 star rating to close out as it is the only way i am listed as successful and credited by the companies ledger

of solutions finished. If you need further assistance, just leave a reply and we will continue as opposed to closing out the question and email

updates between us.

Thank you,

~Franklin

Let me know if you get stuck or need further assistance.