Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I've been scammed and not only paid 150 bucks to get rid of

Customer Question

I've been scammed and not only paid 150 bucks to get rid of a pop-up that I couldn't get rid of by myself, but gave the scammers access to my computer. How do I now protect my data?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: dell inspiron, windows 10
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: only that I'm very concerned
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Mr.med. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue, you will need to call your card carrier, report the unauthorized charges, then cancel your card and order a new one.

Would you like me to set up a remote session, which will allow me to connect directly to your screen and secure your computer and data ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
yep
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
you guys are no better than the other scammers!!!
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 month ago.

Please feel free to ignore the offers for Additional Services. They are automatically sent by the website.

Please Click on the following link : http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=29e633c8-402d-467f-b541-1db47dc9f73a

and click "I agree" button to Join the remote session, then a remote file will be downloaded.

Open and run the remote file from your downloads (press CTRL + J to open up the Downloads window).

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 month ago.

if you're having trouble with the remote file or the link i sent you, you can click on the link below and download TeamViewer, install it then send me you ID and password.

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/

If you're not satisifed for any reasons please click here to request a refund : ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

Regards,