Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Windows 10 update #1703 has knocked out opening Quark, Have

Customer Question

Windows 10 update #1703 has knocked out opening Quark, Have talked with Microsoft and they say it is Quark's problem
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Windows 2010 Vision Amda
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: The Windows 1703 update was installed today. Before that Windows update 1607 was installed which knocked out the printers and Word! Two days I have been on the phone with Microsoft. After this I installed Quark update. After this everything was working except Quark would open slowly and then a Quark document would not open. Removed the Quark update files and lost Quark icon on desktop--got it back and now Quark won't open.
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

This is an acknowledged glitch with Quark and the Windows 10 Creators update (1703); are you getting any error/message when trying to open up Quark now?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No error message
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 month ago.

PS: Please ignore the automated remote assistance offer shown on this page; it's sent by our site and not by me. Our remote session will come at no extra charge.

OK, let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link on your computer:

https://www.fastsupport.com/794076991
Follow the on-screen prompts to open/run the remote file, and click Yes when prompted to allow the remote connection. We will then be connected.