Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Technical Support Coach at Liberty Tax Service
93584285

I want to delete yahoo mail pro on my desktop, The issue

Customer Question

I want to delete yahoo mail pro on my desktop
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Yahoo account?
Customer: The issue came up recently when yahoo wanted me to to pay to renew my subscription??? I was not aware that I had a 'subscriptionTo the best of my knowledge, I've always had a 'basic yahoo account. I don't need to 'upgrade' my service. It has always worked well, until I saw thatmy account had been changed to Yahoo mail Pro??
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I don't need any updates. I do need to delete yahoo mail pro from my computer.
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I need to delete yahoo mail pro from my account, and go back to a 'basic' yahoo mail. How do I do that/
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

1. Go to Yahoo Mail Payments.
  2. Click Products & Services.
  3. Click your subscription service.
  4. Click Cancel Service.
  5. Follow the onscreen steps to finish canceling the service.

Please also review this on how to use the most basic yahoo.

Unfortunately, you can no longer switch back to Yahoo! Mail Classic once you've moved to Yahoo! Mail. However, you need not use the full Yahoo! Mail; you can instead opt for Yahoo! Mail basic, a simple version of Yahoo! Mail that's similar to Yahoo! Mail Classic.

The easiest way to switch to the basic version of Yahoo! Mail is to log onto your account and then open this URL, which will take you directly to the older view.

Here's another way:

1. Click or tap the Help menu button at the top right of the page. It's the one that looks like a gear.
  2. Choose Settings from that drop-down menu.
  3. In the Viewing email section, which should be open by default, scroll down to the very bottom and choose Basic instead of Full featured.
  4. Click the Save button.

https://www.lifewire.com/switch-to-yahoo-classic-1174502

Please do NOT rate this as we may need further support for this issue and will continue if necessary.

If this is what you needed, then go ahead and rate with five stars to finish the issue.

Please rate this solution with the 5 star rating to close out as it is the only way i am listed as successful and credited by the companies ledger

of solutions finished. If you need further assistance, just leave a reply and we will continue as opposed to closing out the question and email

updates between us.

Thank you,

~Franklin

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Windows Vista Dell Inspiron 530 Desktop

I tried to accept your request for a secure remote connection ( screen sharing ) and it said payment failed. This sometimes happens if your bank or credit card company blocks the transaction and a quick call to them will usually lift the block

For further information you can call our customer service department.

1.***-***-****

You can call or you can follow the written directions i sent. I will wait for your decision.