My Microsoft band is charged and synced to my iPhone but I

Customer Question
cannot get it to count...
My Microsoft band is charged and synced to my iPhone but I cannot get it to count steps or tell time or anything. What is wrong??
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: I have an iPhone 7 and iOS 10.3.3
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: It's a new phone so all apps have been updated
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Computer
9/7/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Michael Hannigan, Information Systems Manager replied 2 months ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Information Systems Manager

Hello. My name is***** will be helping you with your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and respond.

Are you able to get it to turn on?

Is it counting steps, etc, on the band and not showing up on the iPhone, or is it not counting them at all?

no
I don't want to incur any more expense

If you are getting offers for additional service, just dismiss those, they are coming from the system.

The band is not counting steps or showing time or anything
After I set up the app and the phone and band synched it said 2 things band successfully synched or start over. It would go no further than that.

Oh... ok. If it's not even showing time, we can do a reset. This will erase any data, but if it hasn't been working, then there won't be any on there.

1. On your Microsoft Band, tap the Settings Tile, and then tap Power.
  2. Swipe left, and under Factory Reset, tap Reset Device.
  3. Under Erase All Data, tap Yes.
I can't get to the settings tile. It keeps going back to English and which phone do you want to connect to

It sounds like it didn't finish setup. Can you clear the pairing from your phone and then try to pair it again?

How would I do that??????
  1. go to Settings > Bluetooth.
  2. Tap on the little “i” icon of the Bluetooth device you want to remove.
  3. Tap “Forget this Device.”
  4. Confirm by tapping “Forget Device.”

It is listed as MSFT, I believe

Also, do you have Microsoft Health install from the app store?

Ok. When you have language setting on the band, that's the beginning of setup - the first step.

Language, then when you swipe, it should ask what type of phone, that's IOS. Then pair now should be the next.

In other words, it's not synced to your phone - at least not in its current state. It's at the beginning of setup. That's why you aren't seeing any data.

i understand. After that it asks which phone I want to use and then and then it's stuck

So we have to get through the setup successfully, and after that, it should be working.

It should ask you phone operating system.

select iOS and then swipe left.

No it only asks which type of phone

Right... select iOS (or iPhone) then swipe left.

It won't swipe left

You had mentioned that it is synced with your iPhone. Did you go through this previously?

it still says the synch is successful but will swipe right and that says start over

I would go to start over.

i have and it seems stuck

So if you select start over, it doesn't?

It will start over but after that it freezes

Definitely not right.

Did you purchase it new?

If you go to start over, it should go to language. Then when you swipe, you should be able to select iphone/iOS, then when you swipe again, it should go to "pair now"

Then you have to go to the app on the phone

Go through the app setup and signin, and then tap scan now and tap the name of your Band.

how

How what?

You said that you have the app on your phone, correct?

go to the app set up
go to the app set up yes

Ok. Open the app on the phone. Then select "sign in"

where is the sign in
i think i'm signed in.. where is the scan now area

In the app menu.

It should have you agree to terms and conditions and then ask you to enter your profile information.

After that is the scan now.

But my question is, have you already done this? you mentioned that it was synced.

it's already done because I am signed in and my personal stats are in the app.

Ok... in the app menu, there should be an item that says "my Microsoft band" and it should show your band there.

i already went there and it says band software version not connected serial number not connected

Ok... so that means it isn't connected. But it has to be.

now what do i do??

I'm trying to ask you what parts of this you went through successfully, but you haven't told me, so it's difficult for me to say.

What I would do at this point is remove the app, then install it again, sign in, and see if it asks you to scan for the band.

There is something missing here. Was it paired with a different phone? Did you have a different band? Did it connect the first time when you did "scan now"? etc?

To set this up, you would have had to go through these steps. It would be helpful if you could remember exactly what happened when you did.

If it was synced under another account, it must be de-registered from that account first.

I initially told the other person that asked me questions that this is a new phone . I went from a 6S to a 7S. Now its saying unregister band. If I do this it says I will need a factory reset. I have repeatedly told you that it lets me select start selecting english and which type of phone I have.Then it says successful pairing or start over. What else do you need????
should I unregister the band?

Unregister.... it must be unregistered from both phones.

Sorry. There is no information related to your question about switching phones.

The switching phones is why it's not working. It has to be unregistered from the first phone to work on the second.

If you unregister it here, that might be enough.

Well the first phone was turned in so I don't have it

Then there's nothing we can do about that, so let's try doing it here.

now the phone is asking me to pair the new band

Ok... answer yes.

Is it asking you if you want to, or just telling you to do it?

it's updating.i can see both are synching. the band and the phone. It's asking but I understand what it wants me to do from this point on I think.

OK... very good. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Please remember to click the 5 star rating and submit before leaving. Thank you.

k

If you don't know how to do the rating, or if you don't see it on your screen, please let me know.

Do you know how to do the rating?

Please remember to return to the page to provide a rating. Thank you.

Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan