I need my microsoft master password. i am locked out, nv55c…

Customer Question
I need my microsoft...

I need my microsoft master password. i am locked out

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?

Nv55c gateway and window 10

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I am locked out for a week. :(

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/7/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Are you locked out of your windows 10 pc or out of another email, program, app etc?

Please refer to above please

I understand. The reason i asked is that windows 10 pcs are connected to your microsoft account.

You could be locked out of your email and/or your pc.

Please advise?

additonal $39? And I am on another laptop. I have NO access to my work laptop. I have been locked out for a week thinking it was True Key, as told by the service places I took my unit. True has I need my Microsoft account pasword

Ok, perfect. So you are locked out of your computer. Do you know the email attached to your pc?

To get this to reset if that is the case, you go here and change your password. Then you will make sure

that your pc is connected to the internet. (look on bottom left when you start up the pc, it will show you

full bars or an x. It must be connected to receive the new password *****)

Click this link: Reset your password. to set up
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026971/microsoft-account-how-to-reset-your-microsoft-account-password
Choose the reason that you need password ***** then click Next.

Enter your email address when you made your Microsoft account. This could be any email address or an email ending in a Microsoft domain like hotmail.com or outlook.com.

Enter the characters you see on the screen (this procedure makes us know you're not a robot), then click Next.

If you've added security information to your account, we'll send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you provide. You'll be able to set a new password ***** you enter that code on the next screen.

If password ***** doesn't work, try the following steps:

1. If you can't get a security code

If you don't get to your security info ( the alternate phone number or email address), click I didn't get a code when you're prompted for a code at sign-in, or I don't have access to these when you're resetting your password.
You might be asked to fill in a security questionnaire and be asked for some private personal infomation. There may be a 30-day waiting period to get full access to your account. Learn more about security info here: Security info & security codes.

2. If your profile is temporarily blocked

If you've seen a message that your profile is temporarily blocked, we may have detected spam or other fraudulent use of your account, or content that violates our Terms of Use. Learn more here: Profile temporarily blocked.

3. If you recently turned on two-step verification

If you've taken the extra security step of turning on two-step verification, some apps and devices will notify that your password ***** ***** because the apps haven't been updated to prompt you for a security code. Instead of your regular password, you'll need to use an app password ***** get in.

I see my face and password. Then incorrect password ***** I forgot it. Then: Hint: Hometown, which doesn't work--then says i can use reset disc. My partner says that 10 won't allow that, nor USB, which my laptop asks for the USB as well. I could fool windows 7, but not 10. True turned off facial recognition, that was the culprit. So I hope it is Microsoft system only?

That is true and not true. Microsoft email accounts cannot be reset with a disk.

But, local accounts can.

did you want to make a disc?

Before you consider that, please follow this link for me. Try and reset from there.

Reboot your pc and try the password.

https://help.truekey.com/hc/en-us/articles/212870638-What-happens-if-I-forget-my-Master-Password-

And also look at this guide please:

The reset will depend on how you set it up.

https://help.truekey.com/hc/en-us/articles/215162708-How-can-I-reset-my-Master-Password-

Reply to me when done.

OK. I went into my Microsoft account where i pay for my office suite and reset it and it doesn't work. i will reset. then read your articles. thanks.
true deleted was deleted today. primary and backup and my 2nd laptop to help restore. Now my locked pc asked for my windows password.

Did you send a remote request? The status is showing agreed?

Is your windows password ***** an email? That email on there is reset by going online

and changing it. Or is it a local account?

I did that previously . I did no work. That was my great hope.
no remote. won't help. i'm on another pc
It does show hint: hometown.

What do you see when you try to log into that account. if it is a local account, it will be able

to be reset by a usb/disc.

Does it say reset thru microsoft when you fail the login? Or do you just see a name?

i am asked to press alt ctrl delete from screen saver. there i also see my face and name. i click it and see the field .it's denied. offers the hint.

That is what i was asking. So, you have a local account, not a microsoft acct attached to that windows 10?

I have to stop here for the day. It is almost 7pm EST.

I will be back tomorrow day and all weekend if you would like to resume. Please advise.

I will be waiting

Perfect. Just reply tomorrow when you are ready and it will send a fresh alert to me that you are available to continue.

Do not reply until then so it sends a new alert in the a.m.

Until then, enjoy your evening!

Franklin

Thank you so much. You are very kind. This has me so baffled. Can my drive me downloaded and the laptop discarded?

We will catch up tomorrow. Im terribly late leaving. Was only waiting on your reply.

You cannot download what is on that pc until we get you in. Even if we were to take out the hard drive

and put it in another, it would still ask you to log in.

i'll be on in about 30 min

Ok, i have some school things i need to resolve at some point today when they contact me, but will be on the rest of the night after.

ok... do u know if windows 10 on a NV55C GATEWAY will take the reset disc. My techie partner says no. I upgraded to 10 after all these years of declined my laptop nagging me to do so, and boy has it been a mistake. The last I saw, my laptop showed a TK screen and said "occasionally we like to ask for you to log in using your WINDOWS password" I'd never seen that screen before until yesterday.

Again, they are half correct. If windows 10 did not make the option to give a reset disk and use it. Microsoft would not

have made it. I am sending it to you now. Keep in mind, if this is tied to a microsoft account with an email and not a local

account, then no, it wont work. But after everything, you insist it is not tied to email. It will work if that is the case. I am sending

you both forms of the iso and purchase disk now.

You can use this for the iso files from another pc to a usb or disc for the windows 10

computer that needs repaired: (it also shows you how to use it in the other links)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

If your PC won’t start, you can use a recovery drive to restore from a system restore point or reset your PC. For info on how to create a recovery drive on a working PC, see Create a recovery drive.

If you're using a recovery drive created on Windows 10:

1. Connect the recovery drive and turn on your PC.
  2. On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot, and then select an option. If you don’t see the Choose your option screen, your PC might not be set up to boot from a drive. Check your PC manufacturer’s website for info on how to change your PC’s boot order.
    • Restore from a system restore point by selecting Advanced Options > System Restore. This will remove recently installed apps, drivers, and updates that might be causing your PC problems, but it won’t affect your personal files.
    • Select Reset this PC and then choose to keep or remove your files. For info on how resetting affects your apps and settings, see the Reset your PC section of this topic.

If resetting doesn’t work, you can also Recover from a drive. This will reinstall Windows 10 (unless your PC came with Windows 8/8.1 and a recovery partition from your PC manufacturer, in which case it'll reinstall the version of Windows that came with your PC). It'll also remove your personal files, apps and drivers you installed, and changes you made to settings.

Note

If you chose not to back up system files when you created your recovery drive, Reset this PC and Recover from a drive won't be available.

Or you can purchase one at places such as here:

https://www.ebay.com/i/291784119202?chn=ps&dispItem=1

If you use a store such as bestbuy, make sure you tell them you need a windows 10 recovery

disk or usb, if your pc is a 32 or 64 bit, windows 10, etc.

Make sure you look on your pc for the product key as well just in case.

Also, there are online 'crack' type of links / programs you can try. I am not proficient in these as i have saw many

fail and only some successful. This is an example.

https://www.lostwindowspassword.com/windows-10/forgot-my-windows-10-password-how-to-recover-it.html

You can restore it, but will lose all info on it.

• Start your PC and select the Power icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the lock screen.

• While holding down the Shift key, select Restart.

• On the Boot options menu, select Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Remove everything.

• Your PC will restart and will reset itself.

This will also explain what you are facing for your partners question:

https://www.iseepassword.com/reset-windows-10-password.html

Please rate this solution with the 5 star rating to close out as it is the only way i am listed as successful and credited by the companies ledger

of solutions finished. If you need further assistance, just leave a reply and we will continue as opposed to closing out the question and email

updates between us.

Thank you,

~Franklin

I will lose all my data?

Not with the recovery disk. Make sure you get your product key off that pc if possible. If you wipe your pc, you will lose everything.

Read each option carefully before making a decision. The articles will explain everything for you.

how can I work with a laptop from which I can access anything?

I do not understand?

I can not download a tool

You need another pc. You download it to a usb or a cd. You must read the directions carefully.

My bad. Sorry. This has been draining. The techs from India for 3 days made put me on the defensive; they truly were confused.

I'm sorry. I do understand though. Most people on a daily basis couldnt stick it out as long as you have.

I gave you all the options that you have to reset that pc without losing info, so i will give you my opinion.

Dont create the disk. Go to amazon or even a local store and buy WINDOWS 10 32/64 UNIVERSAL BIT RECOVERY USB/DISK.

It is premade. that iso file can get corrupted easily and it is no small task to download it. If it doesnt work, you will have to

start over. Its time consuming. I dont recommend it for that reason.

After that, the links i sent will help you log back in step by step with that usb/disk.