Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I typed in pages of information in Word (windows 10)......I

Customer Question

I typed in pages of information in Word (windows 10)......I cannot find the file anywhere.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? What version of Windows are you running?
Customer: Dell - I don't know the model ...how do I find it? It's a new laptop.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Probably.........they update automatically.
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I've had this problem a couple of times. Working on a big project with lots of typing and now I cannot find the file.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I can help you, and show you, how to find the file(s) in question, a procedure that will be useful in future also. (If you like, I can quite efficiently do so for a very minor additional fee, by connecting to your computer - only when you approve it - and briefly showing you the procedure.) I can instruct you how to do this procedure also.