Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I am on hold with Ancestry and thought you might be able to

Customer Question

Good Morning I am on hold with Ancestry and thought you might be able to help me. I need to change my password, as when I am on another computer, other than my own, the password *****'t work. I tried several passwords last night but it shut me out now. How do I change my password.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: At home I have pc, but I was trying to get on at my daughters Apple.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I don't think so
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that is it. simple
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

There are several ancestry sites.

Are you referring to ancestry.com?

do you still have access to the email you signed up with?

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.