Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My laptop is not receiving or sending email since your

Customer Question

my laptop is not receiving or sending email since your upgrade, though my iPad and iPhone are both receiving and sending. When I went into settings i saw a many digit password. Have no idea what it is, but don't want to change it because I don't want to lose my ability to send and receive on my other two devices. If you could send me the password ***** is currently in use on these devices i might then be able to go into settings on my laptop and make sure the passwords are the same. I cannot even get help from Apple until I know what this is. Please.
JA: How old is your iPad, and what model are you using?
Customer: OS10 Yosemite 2011
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No, I don't believe so
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I spent the last hour working with one of your phone trouble shooters, who did not feel it was wise for me to change my password, but didn't have the option of sending me the one currently in use.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please which email service you are using on the Mac?

Please let me know