Fixmestick will not load on my iMac. Quite a bit. I can't…

Customer Question
Fixmestick will not load...

Fixmestick will not load on my iMac.

Technician's Assistant: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?

Quite a bit.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I can't install the fixmestick at all.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
9/7/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer support, thank you for utilizing our service.
I will do my best to help you out in fixing the issue you are facing.

Power OFF your Mac.

2. Plug your FixMeStick for Mac into a USB port.

3. Locate the ALT/OPTION key on your keyboard.

4. Turn ON your Mac. Immediately after you hear the start-up tone, press down and hold the Alt/Option key.

5. You will see the boot device options on your screen.

6. Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to select EFI Boot, and then press ENTER\RETURN. Alternatively, you can use the mouse to click on EFI Boot.

If you don't see "EFI Boot," unplug your FixMeStick and insert it back into the USB port.
7. Your FixMeStick for Mac will start booting.

It may take some time for your wireless mouse and keyboard devices to "pair" with the computer. If it does not seem to be connecting, try turning both devices off and on again.

8. If you are using a wired connection, the FixMeStick will automatically detect your internet connection. If you are using a wifi connection, the FixMeStick will not automatically detect and connect to your internet network. You need to do that yourself. Click on the icon in the top right corner of you screen to select your wifi network.

9. Once you are connected, FixMeStick will begin the scan.

I tried all of that. It did not work. I am sending the Fixmestick back to The Shopping Channel. What a useless item!
No. I can't afford $52.
Bye.
Tech Support Specialist: Josh, Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Josh, Support Specialist

Do you still need help?