Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

I am going with my new hp.i cant get in because i forgot my

Customer Question

I am going nuts with my new hp.i cant get in because i forgot my password. please help
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: about a month ago
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: jus get me in my new cpmputer
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Does it show a name or username at the password ***** login screen?
Does it show an email address at the password ***** login screen?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Solution #1:

1. At the password ***** login screen, press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.
  2. Click on the Power icon at the bottom right of the computer's screen, then click on the option Restart while still holding the Shift key.
  3. When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.
  4. When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.
  5. Then select the option Reset PC, and continue.
  6. When prompted, select the option "Removing everything" and "Just remove files.", and continue.

Do you see a menu / the Troubleshoot option when trying the above steps?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, please try:

1. Shut down your new HP computer.
  2. Turn it back on, then right away, keep pressing & releasing the key F11 quickly and repeatedly on the computer's keyboard until a menu appears.
  3. Select option Troubleshoot.
  4. Select option Recovery Manager. Then select option System Recovery. Then select option to recover without backing up files, and continue.
    - (Note: If there is no Recovery Manager option, then select option Reset PC, and continue, and when prompted, select the option "Removing everything" and "Just remove files.", and continue.)

- Do you see a menu / the Troubleshooting option when trying any of the solutions above?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,