HP Development Company, L.P. - System - 5/26/2017 12:00:00…

Customer Question
HP Development Company, L.P...

HP Development Company, L.P. - System - 5/26/2017 12:00:00 AM - 6.0.21.1 - Error 0x800f0247 when trying to run Windows Update.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

HP Pavilion x360

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No. In fact I ran the Windows Update troubleshooter yesterday to be sure I did not have a problem.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing other than when I opened Windows Update this morning, it gave me the option to retry installing the update. I retried 3 times then restarted my computer. It still did not work. Also, I have a subscription to the Microsoft Help Desk; however, when I changed computers I lost the icon on my start screen.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
9/6/2017
Tech Support Specialist: William Harder, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
William Harder
William Harder, Computer Hardware Engineer

This can sometimes happen to PC's. To fix this, you will need to restart Windows update.

Article here: https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/windows-update-error-0x80248007-in-windows-10/

1. Open Control Panel > Administrative Tools.

Double click Services.

Find Windows Update service, right click it and choose Stop option.

2. Open file explorer and go to C:\ Double click Windows folder, and then SoftwareDistribution folder.

3. Double click DataStore folder to open it, then delete all the files and folders in it.

4. Go back to SoftwareDistribution folder, double click Download folder to open it, then delete all the files in this folder.

5. Follow the path to open Windows Update service again: Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services > Windows Update.
6. Find Windows Update service, right click it and choose Start.

This will resolve your issue.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance. Also, please provide a

positive rating (3, 4, or 5 star) as that is how I receive credit for my work.

Thanks,
Will