Terry White II
Terry White II,
Experience:  Sr. Agreement Admin Advisor at Apple Inc.
93464522

How do I reset my icloud password. I I do not have my reset

Customer Question

How do I reset my icloud password. I I do not have my reset code?
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: I do not remember.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Actually I just bought a newer iphone tonight.
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Terry White II replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will be more than happy to assist you with your support request.

Your iCloud ID and your Apple ID should be aligned with the same email address you used, when first setting up your Apple ID account.

So given that you have just purchased a newer iPhone and you mentioned: "reset code." Do you mean a "verification code"? This important for me to ask, because there are at least three (3) other forms of security that Apple ID users can use to set up their Apple IDs with. (i.e. Secondary authentication which is: Apple ID password + 2-3 security questions that need to be answered correctly)

If you are referring to "verification code", then is quite possible, that your Apple ID account set up with Apple's Two Factor Authentication security on your Apple ID (see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204915), which allows you to receive a random 6-digit verification code on a different Apple computer or mobile device whenever you are signing in to another device with your same Apple ID password.

If you don't have any other Mac computer or device that is signed with the same email you use for your iCloud / Apple ID (in order to receive a new verification code), then you can attempt to resend the verification code to your new iPhone - IF, you have the same phone number assigned to your new iPhone, that you had with your previous iPhone. You could then continue with resetting your password.

For other ways to reset your iCloud/ Apple ID password, feel free to visit: https://iforgot.apple.com

Please let me know if this helps. If the information I provided is not clear or you need more assistance, please don't hesitate to reply back to this post. I will watch for your next update.

Thanks.

Regards,

TD

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Terry my mistake it is the recovery code I need.
Tim

Hey Tim, no worries and thanks for clarifying that for me.

If you have lost your Apple ID Recovery key, it's OK, there is a way to resolve this issue.

It's a bit of a detailed process so instead of writing out the steps I recommend you visit Apple's Support page per the link provided below.

"If you can‘t sign in with two-step verification using your Apple ID"
Link: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202649

Try these few steps in the Apple knowledge base article Tim, and let me know if this resolves the issue, allowing you to finally reset your password.

One more pro tech tip I would like to recommend:

Once you get access back into your Apple ID account, if you are going to keep this Apple ID security protocol known as "Two-Step Verification", do what I did for my and my family's Apple ID accounts under this security-take a screenshot of the new Recovery key and if necessary, even print out a hard copy of that new key and keep it in a file or memorable place if you have to.

But If you want to go a step further, I would recommend you look into changing your Apple ID from the current security to Apple's newer, more secure "Two Factor Authentication" Apple ID security protocol, where you won't need any Recovery key anymore; just a few trusted phone numbers (including yours and 1 to 2 others) and a few of your Apple devices signed in with your Apple ID, in order to provide you with the random 6-digit verification code you will need when logging in to your Apple ID.

Here is that link again:

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID
Link: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204915

Thanks for your patience Tim, I again will watch for your next update.

Regards,

TD