Dan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  25 Years working with computer troubleshooting and networking. Comp TIA A-Plus Certified.
1567601

I need to update my Microsoft acct.please help me I have no

Customer Question

i need to update my Microsoft acct.please help me I have no clue on how to receive this info
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: dell inspiron15 5000series windows ten touchscreen
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. Have you received an error or some type of notice for an update?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no,I was trying to look at my wedding pictures and now they are not there I just had my computer updated Saturday because my warranty was out so I had to purchase everything again
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no I can't afford to and I just paid just to talk to you
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Can you tell me what all you purchased again?

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

You may disregard the Premium Service Offer for Remote Support. That is an automated popup initiated by the web site.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
firewall protection,microsoft virus protection
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
two year warranty
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Okay thank you. ***** account should have not changed. What happens when you try to log into it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it keeps askng me to connect to another device to down load pictures from when I already had my wedding pictures in my computer,you can see one of my pictures on the icon
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Are you logged into that computer now and were your photos save directly on that computer, or are they on another source like a USB thumb drive?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm on my computer and yes they were on my computer
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Okay. Can you open Windows File Explorer for me please.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

If you cannot locate the icon, just press and hold the Windows key then press the X key. It will be listed in the window pane to the left.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i did now what should I do
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Locate and click on your (C:) Local disk.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Have you found it?

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Still with me?

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

If you have located and clicked on your (C:) Local Disk, type *.jpg in the search field in the upper right corner of File Explorer to see if you can locate your photos. Please let me know when you are able to proceed and I will respond as soon as possible.