I just received a up date for Windows 10 and now Microsoft

I just received a long...
I just received a long up date for Windows 10 and now Microsoft edge does not run properly
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Dell running windows 10
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yesterday it took about 2 hours to install
JA: Anything else you want the computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Edge open but does not connect to the internet and shuts down after about 30 seconds
8/23/2017
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Just to clarify, do you have Trusteer Protection installed on your computer, by any chance?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

I think so

OK, please do this now:

RIGHT-CLICK on the Start button at the bottom-left corner, and then click RUN.

Type in appwiz.cpl at the RUN box and press ENTER.

In the list of installed programs that comes up, click on "Trusteer Protection" and click Uninstall.

When the window comes up, click "No thanks, ***** *****" and follow the on-screen prompts.

Done uninstalling, check the Edge browser again - does it work all right now?

Please update me on the results after carrying out the above steps; I'll be here.

Also, you may ignore the automated remote assistance offer shown on this page; it's sent by our site and not by me.

I think so. I uninstalled Trusteer and Edge worked fine. Can I reinstall Trusteer and if I do will I have the same problem?
Can I reinstall Trusteer?

OK, Windows 10 released a Creators update recently that updated the Edge browser as well; this is causing conflicts with Trusteer and they have yet to come out with a update for the same. Trusteer has been reported to cause a lot of conflicts with Windows 10 and its programs; it's only recommended by banks that are paid off by its parent company IBM.

Hence, I'd recommend leaving it uninstalled - if you reinstall it now, Edge will stop working again. If you do not have any other security program installed, I'd suggest going with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:

https://www.malwarebytes.com/

If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

And, kindly take a moment to rate my service by clicking on one of the five stars at the top of this page > Submit. Thank you,

Ok thanks for everything. Bye for now

(Please see my above reply as well. And a positive rating at the top of this page would be much appreciated!)

Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist