Ricky Kresslein
Ricky Kresslein, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  3+ Years in Tech Support
98270431

My iPhone is lost and dead I would like to find its

My iPhone is lost and dead I would like to find its location. New phone 2 months ag and the apple tech did not reset up mu track my iPhone. I have it set up on my iPad but can't find my phone. I checked my bill and no one has used the phone since it was lost 3 days ago. Any information will help.
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?
Customer: The latest I think 10
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Always keep them up to date.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just find my iPhone on my iPad and went into the cloud and could not find any information there. Everything from my old phone was sent to the new one via the cloud
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I am just bummed because I owe money on a phone I don't have

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Unfortunately, if the phone is dead you will not be able to track it unless someone finds it and charges it, then turns it on and connects it to wi-fi. Does the iPhone have a passcode on it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What do I do now do you need more information?

In that case anyone who finds it will not be able to connect to wi-fi or access anything on the device. So that is good news. The bad news is it is impossible to track. Therefore, you will simply need to retrace your steps in order to find it. I recommend calling any place you may have been to see if anyone turned it in. Otherwise, you may be out of luck.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
you are unable to help? Is that correct. I paid 39.00 for that response?

The $39 will not be charged as that was for remote access which does not apply to this situation. Sorry for the confusion.

I can only tell you what I know from my expertise with iPhones and I can tell you there is no way to track the phone. I'm sorry for the bad news.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for trying. I guess I am out of luck

You're welcome. I would still recommend searching for it thoroughly. Maybe if you talk to your phone company they will be able to give you a break on a new one since you are still paying for that one. Thank you.