I am using an app on my desktop that allows personalizing of…

I am using an app...
I am using an app on my desktop that allows personalizing of bookmarks, sort of like tiles, that synchronize continuously so that the settings can be restored at any time. I forgot the name of the app. In any case, when I click on it lately, from the shortcut on my desktop, it is black for a long time before the bookmarks show up, unless I click on it again and open a new tab. Any idea how to fix this?
Speed Dial 2 is the app.
8/23/2017
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

Please try the following:

STEP 1:

1. Click on the 3-dot icon at the upper right corner in Google Chrome, then select History, then click on History
  2. Then click on the option Clear browsing data (or click on the square icon with the arrow icon)
    - (Or you may have to click on the 3-bar icon at top left, then click on Clear browsing data.)
  3. Then on the right of the item Clear the following items from, click on the dropdown list, then click on the option the beginning of time
  4. Then uncheck all boxes.
  5. Then check each box in front of these two options only: Cached images and files, and Hosted app data
  6. Then click on CLEAR BROWSING DATA at bottom
  7. Wait a bit for it to finish.

STEP 2:

1. Click on the 3-dot icon at the upper right corner in Google Chrome, then click on option Settings.
  2. Scroll down to the bottom, then click on option Reset.
    - (Note: If you do not see the option Reset, then click on option Advanced at bottom, then scroll down to bottom again, then click on Reset.)
  3. Click on RESET.
  4. Wait a bit for it to finish.

STEP 3:

1. Click on the 3-dot icon at the upper right corner in Chrome, then select More tools, then click on Extensions.
  2. Then enable the item Speed Dial 2.
  3. Then wait a bit.
  4. Then close / re-open Chrome and check.

Please let me know. Thank you.

it worked! Thanks again!! Do I have to do this periodically?

You're welcome. Great. You only need to do that when there is issue with it or when Chrome browser is slow, not working well. Thank you.

glad you are there to help! Thank you! I have yet another question. Can I ask it here, and if you think you can help me, I will request you again?

You're welcome. Yes, thank you.

I have a Dell All-in-One computer with Windows 10, about a year old. I have been having problems intermittently with the graphics on the monitor to the point where I can't use the computer, since the fields to input text or ability to see anything is very distorted. Lines and bands appear on the screen, and even before Windows comes up, and only the Dell logo is on the screen, the logo is distorted. This leads Dell (I have a contract with them) to believe it is hardware related since the problem arises even before Windows is up and running. However, I notice that the problem occurs immediately after Microsoft updates and is resolved by starting and restarting my computer about 20 times (literally) until I am able to input text in the screen which will enable me to remote-connect with Dell. Dell will then update drivers which resolves the problem. Still, they think it is hardware and want to replace the screen and other hardware to prevent this from happening. This last happened over a week ago, and the system has been fine every day since then. I would like to avoid having hardware replaced even though it is covered under their warranty unless it is necessary. I am convinced the problem has to do with Windows updates, and perhaps an incompatibility with the hardware since it is too coincidental that it occurs right after an update and is resolved without changing of hardware. What do you think?

Yes, I have an answer. Please submit in a new question. Thank you.

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-itstuff/

Hi, do you have a minute?

Yes. Please ask. Thanks.

I got a new computer, and I am trying to get Speed Dial 2 page to show up when I click on Chrome. It shows up in my AOL browser just fine.

Please submit new question, then I'll help, thanks