Louie, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

In excel info is displayed as follows: Date Event. Is there

In excel info is displayed as follows:
Date
Event.Is there a quick way to arrange as follows:
Date event (side by side as opposed to one above the other)
Note there are numerous entries

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, just two (2) rows? ...re-arrange so that these would be two (2) columns?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Everything is in one column. I want to make 2 columns

Please post back with the Excel file. Click HERE.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
did it come through?

Yes, unfortunatley, could not be automated converted "that" fast as some entries are in a different format.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
not sure what that means

Please see row 182, 199, 211, 228, 286, 287, 290 and 291

The whole file , click HERE.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
good enough. How did you do that?

On the cell opposite the date, I made it a formula equal to the value of the cell below the date hence B19 = A20

Then I did a "Hide" of the 2 rows below the date hence the file shows row 19 but the next row is22 where 20 and 21 are hidden.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
how do you hide the rows?

Highlight the entire rows 20 and 21 (or whichever), do a right click, click on Hide.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
how can you hide multiple rows at the same time?

Manually, only with rows next to each other can be hidden at the same time. BUT the function can be repeated with a Ctrl + Y for the next rows hence:

• first rows to be hidden - Highlight the entire rows 20 and 21 (or whichever), do a right click, click on Hide.
  • then all other/next rows, Highlight the entire rows 23 and 24 (or whichever), do a Ctrl + Y.