I have purchased a new Apple iPad. All is good but I am

unable to sync it so...
I have purchased a new Apple iPad. All is good but I am unable to sync it so I can access my gmail on the iPad. The problem is the verification process requests that I enter a password ***** a work email (*****@******.***
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: I only work for the Ed Dept for 6-8 weeks. Once my work is complete my email is cancelled and when I renew my work I receive a new password. I wo t work again for the Deparment u til 2018 so cannot open this email to generate code for verification
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank-you
8/23/2017
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Just to be sure that I understand clearly, you are having trouble with your gmail password? Or is the problem actually with your Apple account?

with password. I have a gmail account and because of work also use an education department email. I only have access to this email for 6/8 weeks per year when I work for Department. I have purchased new iPad and to be able to access my gmail on iPad one of the verification steps is to send a verification code to my department email which I cannot access as I have finished my work with Department until 2018. Therefore the verification step needs to change- hope this makes sense!!!

I see that you have requested SECURE REMOTE ASSISTANCE. I'm sorry but I am unable to connect to phones and tablets, including iPads. I will try to assist you via chat. Please give me just a moment to check in to our options.

Ok - am I still getting help??

Yes, I will do my best to help you. What is the first part of your gmail address? Just the part before the @ sign.

jlpii
Sorry that was wrong!
jlpill

This is a gmail.com address?

Sorry again! jlpill60

Thank you. Do you still have access to the phone # ending in 97?

Thank you. Can you please provide the numbers that precede 97? I can then have a code sent to your phone. When you receive it please let me know and I will reset your password ***** you.

For some reason, possibly because I am in the states and you are in Australia, I can't reset it for you. However, I can walk you through the necessary steps. Please click on "forgot password". On the page that comes up next, if you see the message about having a code sent to your email, please click below that on "TRY A DIFFERENT QUESTION". You should see the option to have a text message sent to your phone next. Please give that a try and let me know if this allows you to reset the password.

If this does not resolve the problem, or you need more help, just let me know. If this does resolve the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page and then clicking on submit. Hopefully, I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2nG6XLy and ask for GeekGal. Thank you!

Sorry to be slow with this! I am unsure about what page I should be on! I am using my phone and have new iPad here as well. I have clicked on mail page and have a mail page with just 'no message selected' how do I start the verification process again?
GeekGal are you still there?

That's ok. Please open your browser on either your phone or your iPhone and go to https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery. Please let me know if you need more help.

I am now in the Verification process. I have been asked to enter an email address that I can check now. Entered my***@******.*** and it says' This email address cannot be used . Please enter a different address' This is the only email address that I have! Except for the Education Department one that I cannot access as I am not currently working for them and the email is disabled!

Were you asked to enter your phone number?

that got me to the email request page

If the phone number that you entered was correct, you should have received a text message, unless the account has been locked due to too many attempts. If that is the problem, you will need to wait at least 12 hours before attempting it again. Do you have a computer that you have used in the past to access this gmail account? If so, I can walk you through checking to see if the password ***** be stored in the browser settings of your computer.

I can see a message now saying try again later. I am not at my home but have access to a I Mac computer but haven't recently accessed my mail on this computer - cd this work??
What password ***** you referring to?

Unfortunately, that won't work. It is possible that it is stored on your home computer. I recommend that you wait at least 12 hours and retry the process, being sure to choose "TRY A DIFFERENT QUESTION" until you are asked for your phone number. If you enter it correctly, you should receive a code. When you get the code, enter it on the webpage and you should be allowed to reset your password. If you do not receive a code, don't keep trying or you'll be locked out again. If you don't get a password, please contact me and I will walk you through the processing of checking the browser settings on your home computer to see if the password ***** your Gmail account might be stored there.

I am in the U. S. It is 9:40 pm. I am about to sign off for the evening. I will be sure to check back in the morning to see if you still need help. I will be available from approximately 8am CST until 10:30 am CST. If I haven't heard from you before I leave at 10:30 am, I will check back in around 12;30 am. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Thank-you for your support and your patience. I am currently away from my home (Tasmania) and in Western Australia with family and about to head to Europe for a month! So... if I wait for 12 hours and then restart process and enter my phone number and receive verification code and enter it have you set up something that will allow me to change a password? My
Query is: one of the security checks in the process is to access the code from my disabled Education Department email. I have the password ***** the email but it is not an active email. Do I need a different verification question? If it is the Month and Year I started using gmail I do not know that answer either!! I am keen to work through this and wd appreciate your ongoing support. How do I make contact with you and will I try this time tomorrow perhaps a little earlier??

You can contact me by one of 3 ways.

1) Reply to this

2) Bookmarking this page and return to it

3)Log in to your account at JustAnswer.com and go to "Your Questions"

If the phone number is ***** correctly, AFTER THE ACCOUNT IS UNLOCKED, then the code that you receive will be your verification.

I look forward to helping you to resolve this. We'll talk again tomorrow.

GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
GeekGal
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist