Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

I have ransomeware threat detected, HP, Yes automatically, I

I have ransomeware threat detected
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: HP
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes automatically
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want it safe from possibly being hacked

I'm sorry about the issue. Where / where does the ransomware threat appear?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
In the middle of the screen in a box

Thank you. On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=14faa879-699f-49dd-90f8-778c3e36d1fe
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

1. On your computer, click on the website below in order to connect remotely with me, then I can help you directly:

http://tinyurl.com/yb8uvezv
, then click on Open or Run (or save) if prompted.
2. Then press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and J on the keyboard, then the Downloads window should open.
3. Then there, open / run the item called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and install it.
; (If needed, double-click on the item Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and open / run / install it.)
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Have you tried to shut down / restarted the computer yet? Is the issue still occurring after restarting the computer?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,