AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 10 yrs of electronics support and software development.
57442719

My cell phone has been erased. To reset I am asked for my

my cell phone has been erased. To reset I am asked for my google account and password. When I put in the password ***** get a message that I have to wait 24 hr. after resetting my password. I have never reset my password. I need help to figure this out.
JA: Have you contacted anyone about your account?
Customer: How do I do that?
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Not up dates, but a game was down loaded and played. Then the erasing occurred.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just need to know how the reset the phone. .

Hey there! my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I will do all I can to provide you with excellent service and answer your questions as quickly as possible. While I take a moment to read over your question, please read the following:

• The offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. If you do not wish to request one of those, then disregard them.
  • I am not credited for my assistance to you unless you rate my service before you leave. Please take just 2 seconds to rate at the top of this page before you exit :) If for any reason I have not provided you excellent service, please let me know before rating.
  • You are not rating your product, or this website. You are rating my service to you!

What is the make and model of the phone you are having issues with. Once I know that, I can provide you wit instructions on resetting it :)

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Galaxy j3 v

Alright, no problem. Give me a few moments to type out the instructions for you.

Follow the steps below, and you will reset it back to a brand new condition as if it was never used. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today, and remember it is my service you are rating and nothing else. If you feel my service has been anything but excellent, please let me know before rating :)

1. Power it down by pressing AND HOLDING the power button in until it immediately shuts off.
  2. Now, press AND HOLD the Volume UP button and the Home Button. Once you have those held in, also press and hold the Power Button, so you are now holding in all three.
  3. When the Samsung Logo appears, release all three. If it restarts, then you didn't do it right, try again.
  4. A black screen with small text will appear
  5. Use the Volume Up and Down buttons to move the selection
  6. Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset
  7. Press the Power Button to select it
  8. Select Yes and press the Power Button to select it
  9. After it resets, choose Reboot System Now
  10. Give it up to 20 minutes to fully reboot, and then it will be like brand new.

Let me know if you have any more questions, or if I can help you with anything else :) Please remember to rate my service before you leave today, and remember it is my service you are rating and nothing else. If you feel my service has been anything but excellent, please let me know before rating.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I followed the steps. Everything was just as you described it, but it took me to the same screen that asked for my email and password. I received the same message about waiting 24hrs. after changing my password. I have never changed my password.

Ok, does the phone start as a new phone and ask you to input your Google/Gmail account? Then when you put it in, it gives you that error?

This is actually, and I know it is very frustrating, but it is a security feature for deterring theft of devices and people being able to use them right away. If the above did not work, you can go on your computer and create a new Google account, and try and use that one for the next 24 hours. If that does not work, then there is literally nothing left to do other than wait the rest of the 24 hours. I really wish I could do more for you, as I pride myself on my service!

Please remember to rate my service before you leave today, and remember it is my service you are rating and nothing else. If you feel my service has been anything but excellent, please let me know before rating :)

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks. I'll ask you suggested and wait the 24hrs.

If you have any follow up questions for me after the 254 hours runs out, please come back here and reply to me on this specific page, and I will be happy to continue assisting you :)