On 8/19 I was trying to log into Experian Web site. A pop up…

On 8/19 I was...

On 8/19 I was trying to log into Experian Web site. A pop up screen appeared, saying I had a Trojan on my computer. They asked me to call Microsoft at 1-***-***-**** Security Warning. Was this correct?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?

HP Pentium, Windows 10. Not sure of exact info on computer. can look it up

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes, yesterday for the company that called me. They said It was a hacking issue. Took over my computer for an hour or so.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?

They said they were connected with Microsoft, using the name ZD Marketing LLC. CHarged me $299.99 for 2 years of basic security

8/20/2017
Josh, Support Specialist

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Unfortunately, that company is not associated with Microsoft and they are part of a newer scam. The popup is designed to scam users into calling a number that they believe is connected to Microsoft when in fact, they are just a scamming company.

If you would like, I can connect to your computer to make sure it is secure.

Josh, Support Specialist
Please. This was the second "hacker" in 2 days. Both times I fell for it.