Josh, Support Specialist
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

On 8/19 I was trying to log into Experian Web site. A pop up

on 8/19 I was trying to log into Experian Web site. A pop up screen appeared, saying I had a Trojan on my computer. They asked me to call Microsoft at 1-***-***-**** Security Warning. Was this correct?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: HP Pentium, Windows 10. Not sure of exact info on computer. can look it up
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes, yesterday for the company that called me. They said It was a hacking issue. Took over my computer for an hour or so.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: They said they were connected with Microsoft, using the name ZD Marketing LLC. CHarged me $299.99 for 2 years of basic security

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Unfortunately, that company is not associated with Microsoft and they are part of a newer scam. The popup is designed to scam users into calling a number that they believe is connected to Microsoft when in fact, they are just a scamming company.

If you would like, I can connect to your computer to make sure it is secure.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please. This was the second "hacker" in 2 days. Both times I fell for it.

Click here: http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=919b4a5b-6514-4f73-9e12-787c7a8dc732

Select I AGREE on the page

Run the downloaded file