My WIFI on my laptop does not seem to be working The light…

My WIFI on my...

My WIFI on my laptop does not seem to be working The light on the front is not on and it cant see any networks) . How do I turn it back on?

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried unplugging your router for about ten seconds? And what about other devices? Do they have connectivity?

I have unplugged it and restarted my computer. I have an IPAD successfully connected to teh Router

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

NO. Dont think so. Have been using my Iphone to getr a connection at home?

8/18/2017
Andrew Harris
Andrew Harris, Consultant

Hi this is Andrew your computer expert!

If you have Windows you can type wi-fi in the search windows bar then click change wifi settings. What type of pc do you have?

Andrew Harris
Andrew Harris, Consultant
Toshiba laptop. The little indicator light at the front is not on??

Is there a switch on the side of the laptop to activate wi-fi?

Remote Connect

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=1cce9f9f-aef3-43f0-ae69-a560dbac63a9

Anyone there?
Sorry didnt see your question. No there isnt
F12 has an antennae on it but if I hit that it just comes up as turning Flight mode on / off
Is teh problem it teh laptop itself rather than teh network ????

Need to set up a wireless network on your laptop.

Can you detect your wireless network on your phone?

the ipad. I think the problem is in teh laptop not teh newtwork?/ It just diesnt have teh WIFI on??
Or saw online something about the Toshiba Wireless setting on the laptop?

OK. Is there another function key with an antennae ? What type of router do you have?

F12 has the antenae. But it just seems to turn airplane mode on and off. Not the WIFI light at the front Router is DLink. It has always worked before
Laptop is about 4 years old
Maybe older .....

OK. What is the make of your laptop?

Toshiba
C: Toshiba / TBSWireless ????

What model is your Toshiba?

May be on bottom sticker

Sateliite C50 d ?? I think
could it be teh WIFI card has stopped working ???

I think there is a switch that is off.

but where? Online blogs say that is the TBS thing. The F12 key doesn't work. There is no physical switch. What about hotkeys?

TBSWireless.exe turns airplane mode on or off

what key turns wireless on F12?
F12 should be wireless switch but it also just seems to do airplane mode
does that mean it's a hardware issue? ie WIFI card?
I don't see a wireless adapter listed
what does that suggest?
You need a wireless adapter for wireless connectivity
OK so that must have been there yesterday because it was all working fine. So is teh adapater a hardware item that has failed ?
THere is a device with an ! beside it that has an issue. You have an ethernet adapter but no wireless adapter.
OK but we did before. So what do I do?
Your PC needs Atheros QCWB335 Wireless Network Adapter
Ok thanks. Thats it then
What is your fee for this?

I see a charge of $23.83 plus the remote connect charge of $19.50. You can check the charges in your order history.

Ok thanks. Bye

Your welcome. Bye.

Andrew Harris
Andrew Harris
Andrew Harris, Consultant