Samuel Kresslein
Samuel Kresslein,
Experience:  Network Engineer at USAF
97924683

I have a MS Surface 3, after doing everything like updating,

I have a MS Surface 3, after doing everything like updating, ECT as recommended from MS I still can't get the charger to charge while in use, the only way it will charge is when it is shut down.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
With Windows 10 OS

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts that is going to help you today. Please give me a moment to look over your question so I don't miss anything.

When did this problem start?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Since New. I got it as a gift over a year ago and put it down just picked it up and still annoyed and ready to throw it in the trash!

Okay, first we are going to try to connect the Surface to the Mini-USB cable FIRST then plug the power adapter into the wall.

Let me know what happens!

Please Rate My Service if my answer was sufficient!
If you have any other questions please let me know, as I always strive for excellent service!!
Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The light on USB is on , when pluged into unit and the battery is showing 100% . Strangely it doesn't say "pluged in not charging" as it was before and seams it my be working . Although it didn't say its charging, it behaves like it is : When I remove USB screen fades and then comes back when plugged in.

The Surface 3 has a known problem where if the charger is plugged into the wall prior to plugging it in to the tablet, it only works 65% of the time.

When plugging into the device then the wall, it has a 100% success rate.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Wow it would be nice if they would tell you that. If been all through the MS site trying to find a solution. Thank you

I agree!

I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!