AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 10 yrs of electronics support and software development.
57442719

I had an email account on google chrome. I tried changing my

I had an email account on google chrome. I tried changing my browser and when I went to the email account I couldn't remember my password ***** all the recovery information has changed since I first set up the account. Is there a way to recover the original email account and set a new password. Without having the original password.
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using for this account?
Customer: gmail
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: through chrome
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just about everything
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to know if he can set up a temporary password ***** me so I can get back into my original***@******.*** account

Hey there, my name is ***** ***** I will personally be assisting you today! I will do all I can to provide you with excellent service and answer your questions as quickly as possible. While I take a moment to read over your question, please read the following:

• The offers you see for services like Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. If you do not wish to request one of those, then disregard them. I will let you know if I recommend we use one.
  • I am not credited for my assistance to you unless you rate my service before you leave. Please take just 2 seconds to rate at the top of this page before you exit :) If for any reason I have not provided you excellent service, please let me know before rating.
  • When you rate, you are not rating your product, or this website. You are rating my service to you!

Do you still have access to the phone number that ends in '26' ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No. That # no longer exists.

Did you try answering the question you used "What is the name of your best friend from childhood?"

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it wants to send confirmation code to old phone #.

Alright. I am going to be as honest as possible here, even though it is bad news. I pride myself on my service here, and have over 9,000 5-star ratings, but even now I hate not being able to resolve something. If you do not remember your last password, or the previous password + do not have access to the phone number you had, then it is impossible to recover the account. It is so important to keep your secondary/recovery information up to date! Question, have you tried calling the old number to see if someone is using it? If they are, you can ask them to give you the code when Google sends it!