I just installed Microsoft Personal and it stated everything…

I just installed Microsoft...

I just installed Microsoft Personal and it stated everything is installed, however when I open Excel it keeps stating it has expired

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?

It's an HP

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Just the Office 365

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?

No besides I'm very frustrated

8/17/2017
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Please go to: https://account.live.com

and sign in to your Microsoft account.

At the top of the page click Services & Subscriptions to see the status

of your Office 365 Personal subscription.

Let me know the result please.

Hi. Please stay with me on this page and refrain from opening new questions.

See my instructions above for checking the status of your Office 365 subscription.

What do you want to know

Is the subscription current?

Do you get the same message when you open Word or Outlook?

It doesn't look like it is

Ok. On the account page click Payments & Billing and select Payment Options and get things updated.

If your current payment method is still valid. Click Services & Subscriptions and then select Manage.

You may have Auto Renew turned off.

I bought it from Wal-Mart online and have a key card
Im not sure where I do want
what is it?
I don't see what payment method they have
All my profile had is name and email

They likely don't have any payment method yet. Open Excel and click File>>Office Account and select Manage Account

Sign in if you need to and click your name in the upper right corner and select My Account

Why do I need to do that if I have a key number? I don't want them to have any paymentbinfo

You should have been asked for the activation key already. Did that not happen?

I don't have an office account
It's a personal one

Office 365 is a subscription product. You'll be required to have payment information on file.

You can turn off the Auto-Renew feature so you won't be billed when the subscription expires a year from now.

Excel does State it is expired
Do I need to enter my key number again and put my payment information in?

If you're being prompted for the key, then yes.

It seems to be ok now
thank you for the info

That's great to hear.
If you would like any additional information or assistance,
please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you could, please take a moment
to rate the service using the stars at the top of the page, then submit,
as that is how we are credited with assisting.
It would be much appreciated.

Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist