I got a message on my laptop that reads as follows: COMPUTER…

I got a message...

I got a message on my laptop that reads as follows:

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your laptop, and what operating system are you running?

COMPUTER BLOCKED WINDOS FIREALL HAS DETECTED PORN VIRUS FROM YOUR IP ADDRESS 157.1.0.1 AND NETWORK CONNECTION HAS BEEN BLOCKED ... I'm running windows 10

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No The mess prior to this was to update now or later when I clicked on later the message appeared.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?

No but I am not on that computer. Should I go to that computer and contact you again?

Answered in 1 minute by:
8/16/2017
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

That's a bogus alert shown by a malicious third party; could you let me know if you are able to access the Internet on that computer now?

Please reply at the box below; thank you.

My apologies this was on another computer. I have the computer now and it is rebooting. I have not done anyhting on the affected computer since the message showed up. I will try to connect to the internet as soon as it boots.

PS: Please ignore any remote assistance offer (simply "X" it out) shown on this page; it's sent by our site and not by me. We do not need to do a remote session, and I'll reply back to you below now.

The affected computer ti updating...

OK; just to clarify, that was a rogue popup/alert shown by a malicious party not associated with Microsoft in any way. They show up these fake alerts to trick users into installing malware and/or paying for their scam services. As long as the popup/alert does not show up again after you restart your computer, your system is just fine.

Thank you. That's what I was hoping for. Have a good day!

Also, to prevent these types of popups from showing up on your browser later on, please install a free adblocker (open below link on that computer) as follows:

www.adblockplus.org

If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

And, kindly take a moment to rate my service by clicking on one of the five stars at the top of this page > Submit. Thank you!

Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Got it thanks.
All is well & computer is running good. Thank you for your help.
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist