Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I got a message on my laptop that reads as follows: COMPUTER

I got a message on my laptop that reads as follows:
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your laptop, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: COMPUTER BLOCKED WINDOS FIREALL HAS DETECTED PORN VIRUS FROM YOUR IP ADDRESS 157.1.0.1 AND NETWORK CONNECTION HAS BEEN BLOCKED ... I'm running windows 10
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No The mess prior to this was to update now or later when I clicked on later the message appeared.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No but I am not on that computer. Should I go to that computer and contact you again?

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

That's a bogus alert shown by a malicious third party; could you let me know if you are able to access the Internet on that computer now?

Please reply at the box below; thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My apologies this was on another computer. I have the computer now and it is rebooting. I have not done anyhting on the affected computer since the message showed up. I will try to connect to the internet as soon as it boots.

PS: Please ignore any remote assistance offer (simply "X" it out) shown on this page; it's sent by our site and not by me. We do not need to do a remote session, and I'll reply back to you below now.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The affected computer ti updating...

OK; just to clarify, that was a rogue popup/alert shown by a malicious party not associated with Microsoft in any way. They show up these fake alerts to trick users into installing malware and/or paying for their scam services. As long as the popup/alert does not show up again after you restart your computer, your system is just fine.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you. That's what I was hoping for. Have a good day!

Also, to prevent these types of popups from showing up on your browser later on, please install a free adblocker (open below link on that computer) as follows:

www.adblockplus.org

If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

And, kindly take a moment to rate my service by clicking on one of the five stars at the top of this page > Submit. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Got it thanks.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
All is well & computer is running good. Thank you for your help.