Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Technical Support Coach at Liberty Tax Service
93584285

My Dell Venue 11 Pro does not power up using power button

My Dell Venue 11 Pro does not power up using power button after shut down. After removing and replacing the battery a few times it eventually powers up--i.e. after a considerable hassle. What is responsible for this? Is there a part that i need to buy and install to fix the problem (The computer otherwise works fine but is out of warranty)?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Dell? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: dell venue 11 pro 7130
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes, but the problem predate these installs
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10?

We can try to troubleshoot, but please review the article below.

http://windowsitpro.com/hardware/dell-clarifies-venue-11-pro-recall

Is this your model/type?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Windows 10 Pro

sure this is a feature you want.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i provided credit card info to the website and now wonder what's up.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
is the tech support specialist reviewing my original query?

sure this is a feature you want.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i am calling credit card co. now

Ok, i will be in for a couple more hours today.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
credit car co. approved payment.

To start the connection, please click this link if you are ready to proceed right now

if not, i am on EST, please let me know a time you want to continue. These steps need

to be done from your pc only. Other devices will not allow remote connection as requested.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=3a323caa-7c39-4510-8a1c-49cd09ab08ff

On the next page, scroll down and click the agree button.. It should then ask you to save or run the elsinore screen connect file. Run it, and then when it asks you to allow it, do so. That will connect us.

If you get stuck completing the above steps try them again, and if you still cant connect send a reply and let me know what web browser you are using, so I can give you specific steps on how to connect.

if for any reason your pc doesnt come back up, use the same thing you did before, or go to your

downloads and click on the old elisnore file and it will auto connect us again.

If that doesnt work follow the same steps. The above steps should work though. go to downloads

on your pc, find elsinore, double click that download.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
what happened? i can't do anything on my computer anymore, pls fix this asap.

Unplug the computer from the wall and take out the batter if applicable while the pc is on.

Hold down the power button for a full minute.

Put battery back in if applicable for your model, plug back into wall and restart normally.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
you have to fix my computer, restore whats in here before because my computer has frozen and i cant seem to use this anymore

I need you to power cycle it or force brute start it with both of these methods if the first one

doesnt work:

If this doesnt work:

we need to do this special trick to force a repair screen.

Start the computer, then immediately press and hold power to shut it down.

repeat that 4 times, and then the last time when you start the computer do not press and hold power.

It should go to a blue screen menu.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
you need to communicate with me to fix this.. here's my number(###) ###-####

I have sent you what to do several times and the responses back are too close for it to have

been done.

Please follow this:

doesnt work:

If this doesnt work:

It should go to a blue screen menu.