My hp pavillion computer turns wifi off and on randomly. Itj

is not the wifi because...
my hp pavillion computer turns wifi off and on randomly. Itj is not the wifi because when it happens \ my smart phone still is connected and working with my wifi
JA: Have you tried unplugging your router for about ten seconds? And what about other devices? Do they have connectivity?
Customer: All other services like the nest, my tv and sound system my wilfe's phone and my ipad always continues to work and yes I have unplugged router as well. It is working now
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Others device work and I have unplugged. I don't knw if it needs updating
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
8/16/2017
Martin, Network Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Ok. What do you need from me now?

This sounds like a driver or hardware issue - can you tell me whether your computer has run updates on its own lately or near the date the problem started?

Also the make, model and how old it is

No. How is it that I am being charged? I am told here that I am signed up for $42 and now my balance is $39. AllI am trying to do is contact hp for assilstance.

This is JustAnswer.com

It is an HP Pavillion notebok Laptop k8tllf81. It is 18 months old. I don't know about the updates. It started about 2 months ago.

And when it shuts down, does it simply shut right off or does it tell you it's shutting down?

The computer does not shut off. It tells me that I am not connected to wifi. I am indeed not connected. All of my other devices are connected and work properly.

Ok thank you for the clarification.

May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly?

Will I be billed for that?

I do not have insight on the prices or access to your billing info as I am hired independently but the amount should be displayed on your end

Martin, Network Engineer

Thank you. From your computer click the following link:

https://cxzx.screenconnect.com/?Session=fd9a3436-80fd-4e9a-9bab-013b9a1ae374

Then click Join your session -->

And run (open) the program that gets downloaded Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client

Once you've done that, minimize this browser window and look for a smaller box on the desktop then click Run.

Let me know once you've done that or if you need additional steps.

It says that I need to install latest Java. The it tells me that Foxfire which is my browser is not copmpatable withk Java update. Now what?

Does it let you click on "Next option" ?

I'll look
There is no direction for "next option"

Try clicking on the link again and when the little box opens up, there should be an option to try the next optiion

Good work, connected!

If you have any problems or would like any additional assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you need anymore assistance in future, you can request me directly using this link:

http://expertmartin.com

Thank you

Martin, Network Engineer