My Surface will not connect to the display adapter. I follow…

My Surface will not...

My Surface will not connect to the display adapter. I follow the procedure -- devices, project, add wireless display. The screen comes on with "ready to connect. but the result are two two clicks, screen goes on and off, and then the same message on the screen -- ready to connect, and an indication on the surface that the wireless display adapter is not connected

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your machine? And how long has the screen been an issue?

Surface pro 3

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Just installed the updates

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?

I can't think of anything

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
You may connect
8/12/2017
Andrew Harris
Andrew Harris, Consultant

Hi I'm Andrew your computer expert.

Solutions

1. Installing Windows and surface updates is a good place to start.

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/performance-and-maintenance/install-software-updates-for-surface?os=windows-10&=undefined

2. Make sure no firewall or anti-virus software is causing the issue.

3. Please refer to the display adapter troubleshooting guide below:

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/music-photos-and-video/troubleshoot-wireless-display-adapter?os=windows-10&=undefined

*Please click ACCEPT if you have found this advice helpful and leave a 5 Star rating. That is how experts are compensated.

Andrew Harris
Andrew Harris, Consultant

Further suggestions.

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/music-photos-and-video/wireless-display-adapter?os=windows-10&=undefined