I was on before but had to leave right away. My windows 7…

I was on before...

I was on before but had to leave right away. My windows 7 was updated today but even before I get a quick message saying to connect my other apps on . Is that settings. My lap top is gone- I am on desk top. I have dell - several tears old. I keep getting scam calls saying they are microsoft. I am computer effecient and have no idea

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?

Where do I find the model? it is a dell

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Today

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?

You don't call customers if something is wrong. I know they are scams? Do I have to buy a new laptop. It got soaked when a glass tipped over and will not turn on. Also I forgot my password ***** was given a temporary but had to leave

Answered in 1 minute by:
8/12/2017
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

If water was spilled or liquid was spilled on the machine and it wont turn on, there may not be much we can do here to fix the machine without replacing parts.

And you are correct about those calls, no reliable tech support company including microsoft will ever call you. They have no way of knowing whether your computer is working or not.

With that being said, to see if the computer is repairable I need to ask you some questions. Lets start with the ful name brand and model of the Dell.

And is it a laptop or a desktop?

Thank you for your reply.

Dustin S.

Sr. Technician and former Network Switching System operator & maintainer with the US Signal Corp, (abn)

Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
desktop dell- what do you mean by model

The model number of the desktop. And question, how was water spilled on the destop?

Was it spilled on the keyboard, or on the tower itself. Please describe the incident as best you can, thank you

Dustin S